Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
11 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Global warming and health hazard: UN climate report says damage irreversible - Northern Voices Online
- 2. Pursuing the 'Shiva crater' theory of dinosaur extinction - The Hindu
- 3. Indian-origin experts among IMF's 25 gen-next economists - Financial Express
- 4. City wildlife photographer off to 'shoot' polar bears - Times of India
- 5. Mangrol & Veraval ideal for whale shark tourism, satellite-tagging studies - Indian Express
- 6. Mysteries of space dust unlocked - Economic Times
- 7. Curbing water scarcity possible by 2050: Study - Khaleej Times
- 8. Fish Take A Hike: Is This How Land Animals Came About? - Care2.com
- 9. Himachal CM lays foundation stone of Planetarium near Shoghi - Zee News
- 10. Officials rescue leopard from well in Nagpur Aug 30, 7:20 pm - ANINEWS
- 11. Zephyr 7 undergoes testing to receive UK military registration - Flightglobal
- 12. Mouse's midnight snack takes ecology photo prize - BBC News
- 13. South Asian Nations Vow To Combat Illicit Wildlife Crimes - Bernama
- 14. Dr Masoodi calls on Governor - GreaterKashmir.com
- 15. Perumbakkam wetland, an unfinished business - The Hindu
- 16. How birds learnt to fly decoded - Business Standard
- 17. How the zebrafish gets its stripes found - Times of India
- 18. Snails help scientists investigate rise, fall of Tibetan Plateau - Business Standard
- 19. Way to detect tiny particles in exoplanet atmospheres found - Business Standard
- 20. 'Angry face' makes you appear stronger - Economic Times
- 21. Witness cosmic double play of Neptune, 'Dodgeball' Asteroid tonight - Business Standard
- 22. NASA's Mars Rocket to Begin Tests Starting 2018 - Chinatopix
- 23. The 100 Foot Journey: Sea urchins may be fine for reel, but for real it is the fish ... - Economic Times
- 24. Photos: The USS Theodore Roosevelt holds a family and friends cruise - wtkr.com
- 25. Whale sharks found off Gujarat coast no expats, they are Indian - Times of India