Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
1 year ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. China to Send Orbiter to Moon and Back: Report - NDTV
- 2. Insects have more efficient social networks! - Press Trust of India
- 3. How giant black holes block star formation - Daijiworld.com
- 4. US, China can tip balance in climate quest - Independent Online
- 5. Researchers look back 385-million-years, find first instance of penetrative sex - Hamilton Spectator
- 6. UN, CERN celebrate science for peace and development - indiablooms
- 7. Nagaland turning into 'Falcon capital' for conservation - Economic Times
- 8. NASA creates fire-fighting drone - Business Standard
- 9. Want to go for a date? Don't choose your partner going by just sexual traits - TheHealthSite
- 10. Report: Image Shows New Submarine in North Korea - Voice of America
- 11. UN chief seeks more efforts for Millenium Development Goals - Firstpost
- 12. Noted lyricist Gulzar calls on CM Virbhadra Singh - Hindustan Times
- 13. Beatle John Lennon has spider named after him - Express.co.uk
- 14. SDU Researchers Move A Step Closer Towards Building Advanced Artificial ... - CrazyEngineers
- 15. Construction of China's Wenchang Satellite Launch Center finished - Uncover California
- 16. UN chief seeks more efforts for Millenium Development Goals - The Hindu
- 17. How blue light affects human eye revealed - Business Standard
- 18. Placoderms Were First To Copulate, Say Researchers - News Tonight Africa
- 19. Penn Researchers Untangle the Biological Effects of Blue Light - Penn: Office of University Communications
- 20. Up Close with ISRO Scientists - The New Indian Express
- 21. UN, CERN celebrate science for peace and development - indiablooms
- 22. New Zealand fault hole revealing secrets of earth's crust - Business Standard
- 23. North Korea Gets New Submarine - RIA Novosti
- 24. First burger and chips sent to space - Business Standard
- 25. US, China can tip balance in climate quest: Study - AsiaOne