Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
1 year ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Why Sadness Lasts 240 Times Longer Than Other Emotions - Nature World News
- 2. Watch your breath! Air fresheners may poison indoor air - Hindustan Times
- 3. Toddlers copy peers to fit in, apes don't - Times of India
- 4. Why Colorful Dinosaur Feathers Evolved: Not to Fly But to Display - Science World Report
- 5. Rosetta gets up close with comet - iAfrica.com
- 6. GSLV-Mk III may be launched in first half of Dec - Business Standard
- 7. High density of leopards in Bhadravati division - The Hindu
- 8. Cleaning products poison indoor air - The Express Tribune
- 9. New class of telescope helps reveal existence of 'quiet' quasars - Zee News
- 10. Where are the lost greens? - The Hindu
- 11. Wearable health devices key for safe space tourism - Zee News
- 12. Chinese vessel sets off on Antarctic expedition - Business Standard
- 13. Students to the help of poor patients in Kozhikode - The Hindu
- 14. WII scientists excited as Amur Falcons tagged last year are spotted again - Times of India
- 15. 'Fun-loving' physicist inaugurates Delhi's Nobel Museum - Indian Express
- 16. The weird walk of a bizarre dinosaur - EarthSky
- 17. ISRO's Mars 2 mission set for 2018 - Northern Voices Online
- 18. Explosion at tea shop still a mystery for cops, experts - Times of India
- 19. Top international honour for Indian navigation scientist - Business Standard
- 20. Modi Puts Hindu Myths at Center of India Politics - Newsweek
- 21. OSIRIS Sends Latest Images of Dust and Gases Released From Comet 67P - French Tribune
- 22. Wearable health devices key for safe space tourism - Business Standard
- 23. Thiruvananthapuram to host global meet on climate change in 2015 - The Hindu
- 24. Indian engineers look for solutions in J&K floods aftermath - Indian Express
- 25. Cabinet gives Rs 1051 crore push to polar exploration - Times of India