Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
1 year ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Graphene-Wrapped Lithium-Sulfur Batteries May Replace Lithium-ion Batteries - CrazyEngineers
- 2. Humans Did Not Hunt Giant Lemurs Into Extinction - Nature World News
- 3. New ultralight robot can walk like an insect - Economic Times
- 4. Jawed ancestors did not kill their cousin - Zee News
- 5. Humpback Whales make 'tick-tock' sounds to flush out fish hiding beneath ocean ... - Daily Mail
- 6. Postponing Climate Decisions - AllAfrica.com
- 7. Giant undersea Ocean Spiral city may soon become reality - Deccan Chronicle
- 8. New Lithium-Sulphur Tech Promises High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries - NDTV
- 9. Egypt cemetery is home to a million 'mummies' - Fox News
- 10. What Gives Fireflies Their Nighttime Glow? - Nature World News
- 11. Coral reefs facing impact from thermal and chemical heat: Indian scientist - Firstpost
- 12. NASA's MAVEN may have found clues to how Mars lost atmosphere - Daily News & Analysis
- 13. New 'sponges' capture carbon in a powder - Futurity: Research News
- 14. Genomic analysis decodes horse domestication through 5500 years - Delhi Daily News
- 15. NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds Organic Matter On Mars - ValueWalk
- 16. Soon, 3D-printed Christmas trees - Business Standard
- 17. New NASA software to enhance flight efficiency, reduce noise - Business Standard
- 18. New prizes for Young Scientist winners - India Gazette
- 19. Birthday on the beach - The Hindu
- 20. Jawed ancestors did not kill their cousin - Zee News
- 21. India-US climate talks to focus on clean energy, tech R&D - Economic Times
- 22. Cosmos measured using 'real data' rather than theory for first time ever - Daily News & Analysis
- 23. There Are 2 Huge Problems With The New UN Climate Plan - Businessinsider India
- 24. What is Turning the Taj Mahal Brown? - Billionaires Australia
- 25. Scientists finally know what makes a fire fly glow - Times of India