Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
11 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Tony Abbott defends skipping UN climate change summit in New York - NEWS.com.au
- 2. Northern lights illuminate skies in awesome night show - Los Angeles Times
- 3. Northern lights illuminate skies in awesome night show - Los Angeles Times
- 4. Despite scepticism, 70 scientists continue their research on 'Bigfoot' - Odisha Sun Times
- 5. The new threat: Megadroughts - Times of India
- 6. Swiss researchers challenge climate change theory - swissinfo.ch
- 7. Asian monsoon at least 15mn yrs older than previously thought - Zee News
- 8. How smartphone battery can last longer decoded - Financial Express
- 9. Study finds spinal discs evolved from worm muscle - Pune Mirror
- 10. This Robot Can Load A Dishwasher - Thus Solving A Massive Mathematical ... - Businessinsider India
- 11. Spaceship Earth Grants Is Handing Out Civilian Trips to Space - The Mary Sue
- 12. Nasa to launch giant balloon fitted with telescope to spot black holes - Firstpost
- 13. Less decay with tough graphene paint - EE Times India
- 14. Six vets to care for wildlife across state - Times of India
- 15. Mount Slamet: Authorities, residents anticipating - Jakarta Post
- 16. Ozone level over Kanpur within permissible limit: UPPCB - Times of India
- 17. Here's What Science Says Is The Best Way To Cool A Case Of Beers - Businessinsider India
- 18. Centre clears Rs 5.12 cr Spiti biosphere reserve project - Times of India
- 19. How smartphone battery can last longer decoded - Financial Express
- 20. Mystery behind brightest objects in universe solved - Financial Express
- 21. Less decay with tough graphene paint - EE Times India
- 22. New electrons can lead to better computing - The New Age Online
- 23. DARPA awards contract to Harvard's Wyss Institute to further develop Soft Exosuit - Uncover California
- 24. Camera trappings show SGNP leopards frequent Thane, Mulund region - Indian Express
- 25. Foreign astronauts show interest in Chinese space station - Zee News