Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
5 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Intelsat, Airbus plan high throughout maritime VSAT services - Telecompaper (subscription)
- 2. Endangered whale washes ashore in Tunisia - Aljazeera.com
- 3. Lakhimpur's killer tigress caught, released in Dudhwa - Times of India
- 4. Online pictures show man bitten on the mouth by snapping turtle - United Press International, Asia
- 5. NASA Considering SpaceX "Red Dragon" for Returning Mars Samples to Earth - DailyTech
- 6. String theory genius explains the coming breakthroughs that will change life as ... - Times of India
- 7. Scientist develops method for 'talking' to animalsddade - Deccan Herald
- 8. Four new gases that harm ozone layer found - The Australian
- 9. Sponges likely paved the way for all life on earth - Fox News
- 10. 4000-year-old Dartmoor burial find rewrites British bronze age history - The Guardian
- 11. 'Robots will be on our streets within a decade' - The Oxford Times
- 12. Switch on to energy conservation - Times of India
- 13. Novel Solar Cells from 2D Diode - Solar Novus Today
- 14. Solar lights to ward off tigers at Sundernbans' villages - Times of India
- 15. Where's Planet X? NASA Space Telescope Discovers Thousands of New Stars ... - Space.com
- 16. Rio's race to future intersects slave past - Times of India
- 17. Elephants Alert Group to Human Presence with Unique Alarm Call [VIDEO] - Nature World News
- 18. Rio's Race to Future Intersects Slave Past - New York Times
- 19. India's Mars mission 200 days away from reaching final destination - Free Press Journal
- 20. Rio's race to future intersects slave past - Times of India
- 21. Son's wait for parents, sibling - Calcutta Telegraph
- 22. Forget Venus and Mars — the brain is wired by stereotypes - Calgary Herald
- 23. Nature inspiring growth of robots - Business Standard
- 24. Making a World Cup ball that isn't awful is harder than you think - Salt Lake Tribune
- 25. Space programme has benefited country: ISRO chief - Zee News