Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
12 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Dolphins sensitive to magnets - Northern Voices Online
- 2. Glaciers flowed through the Grand Canyon of Mars? - Economic Times
- 3. 'Supercave' In China Takes Title As World's Largest Cavern, And The Photo Is ... - Huffington Post
- 4. Has Curiosity been having a kickaround on Mars? Rover reveals round rock on ... - Daily Mail
- 5. Colorado State faculty attends UN Climate Summit - Rocky Mountain Collegian
- 6. Indian Space Scientists Working on Indigenous Semi Cryogenic Engine Suited ... - International Business Times UK
- 7. Revealed How birds evolved from dinosaurs decoded - Jagran Post
- 8. Chinese entrepreneur mulls commercial space travel in balloon - Zee News
- 9. World Space Week Fete From Oct 4 - The New Indian Express
- 10. 'Ideal' material absorbs full spectrum of solar radiation - EE Times India
- 11. World-class waterpark opens near Mumbai - Free Press Journal
- 12. Human genome shaped by evolutionary race with itself - Business Standard
- 13. World-class waterpark opens near Mumbai - Free Press Journal
- 14. UAE Jabhat Al Nusra trial: spotlight on terror suspects' digital trail - The National
- 15. 'ISRO to Launch Navigational Satellite on Oct 10' - The New Indian Express
- 16. ISRO to launch navigational satellite next month - Daily News & Analysis
- 17. New fabric may lead to 'active clothing,' wearable robots - Business Standard
- 18. From Rio to New York – the (long) path towards a safer planet - The Guardian
- 19. Religious faith & climate change science get united - Delhi Daily News
- 20. Children and their tonnes of questions on MOM - The Hindu
- 21. Sierra Nevada Corp. challenges NASA-Boeing/SpaceX $6.8 billion space taxi ... - Tech Times
- 22. Whale Shark of Endangered Species Washed Ashore in Mangalore - NDTV
- 23. Indian Space Scientists Working on Indigenous Semi Cryogenic Engine Suited ... - International Business Times UK
- 24. Graphene may allow for flexible low cost touchscreens Scientists - Jagran Post
- 25. Bangalore Bird Day on Oct 1 - The Hindu