Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
1 year ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Google doodle celebrates Mangalyaan's first month in Mars' orbit - Firstpost
- 2. First protein microfibre engineered - Zee News
- 3. Personality affects environmental policies - Zee News
- 4. European countries to test preparedness for tsunami disasters - WireUpdate
- 5. Nearly 700 sharks killed in Queensland's cull program but conservationists say ... - Yahoo!7 News
- 6. Amazing Video Shows 1.5 Million Wildebeest Journeying Across The Serengeti - Businessinsider India
- 7. Evidence of 'Starquakes' on Neutron Star - Nature World News
- 8. Reminiscing boosts performance during mind-bending tasks - Business Standard
- 9. Mountain goats becoming smaller in size due to global warming: Here's why - Tech Times
- 10. Cosmic rays threaten future manned missions to Mars, say researchers - Firstpost
- 11. Karakoram Glacier Anomaly Solved: Why the Ice Has Remained Stable in the ... - Science World Report
- 12. US Arctic envoy looks to 1970s New York for inspiration - Firstpost
- 13. Mountain goats shrink: Global warming blamed - Northern Voices Online
- 14. Russian cosmonauts defy gravity in stunning ISS spacewalk - RT
- 15. CMFRI to Conduct Study on Indian Shark Landings - The New Indian Express
- 16. The Coldest Object In The Universe Has Been Created In An Italian Lab - io9
- 17. Researchers Are Building Drones You Can Control With Your Mind - Businessinsider India
- 18. Isro's human space flight endeavour inches ahead - Deccan Herald
- 19. A Former SpaceX Exec Explains How Elon Musk Taught Himself Rocket Science - Business Insider Australia
- 20. NOAA's Office of National Marine Sanctuaries launches "Earth is Blue" campaign - DigitalJournal.com
- 21. Biggest beast: toothless dinosaur's fossils discovered - Northern Voices Online
- 22. Massive black holes can make galaxies INFERTILE - Northern Voices Online
- 23. Insects have more efficient social networks! - Press Trust of India
- 24. Migratory birds arrive in Chilika lake - Economic Times
- 25. Ganga cleaning improves aquatic life - Assam Tribune