Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
11 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Global tectonic plate movement mapped - Spatial Source
- 2. Change your diet to reduce climate change: study - GlobalPost
- 3. Change your diet to reduce climate change: study - GlobalPost
- 4. Soon, City Will Get Nano Science Centre - The New Indian Express
- 5. Assam scientist recalls Antarctica visit after 25 years - Times of India
- 6. deepflight super falcon hydrobatic craft created by former james bond villain - Designboom
- 7. Changing global diets vital to reducing climate change - Business Standard
- 8. Global Roadmap Shows Where to Build Roads and Where to Avoid Building Them - International Business Times UK
- 9. Rs6.97 crore plan to clean up Mithi river - Daily News & Analysis
- 10. Realty activities, vehicles shroud Bangalore in dust clouds - Times of India
- 11. "Climate change no top priority for students" - Press Trust of India
- 12. Searching for the sun's SIBLINGS: Stars with matching 'chemical fingerprints ... - Daily Mail
- 13. Elusive honey badger sighted in Karnataka forest - Deccan Herald
- 14. Indian ecologists decry decision on biodiversity hot spot - Science AAAS
- 15. MH370: Satphone data points to earlier southern turn - Flightglobal
- 16. “Anger face” part of human biology, new study shows - Chinatopix
- 17. Sabarmati, Mahi floods were worse in medieval times - Times of India
- 18. Five new monkey species identified in South America - Business Standard
- 19. 70% afforestation achieved in Arunachal Pradesh - Times of India
- 20. Earth's tectonic plates have doubled their speed: Study - Times of India
- 21. HP govt launches sustainable development programme - Press Trust of India
- 22. Kerala to Prepare Databank of Marine Ecosystem - NDTV
- 23. WHO: Climate change major threat to human health - 3News NZ
- 24. Pursuing the 'Shiva crater' theory of dinosaur extinction - The Hindu
- 25. Celestial vision: Meet the team of Indians who, with a little inspiration from Star ... - Daily Mail