Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
6 months ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Fluctuating Tilt In Planet's Orbit Could Harbor Life: Astronomers - Counsel & Heal
- 2. China establishing fifth research center in Antarctic - Business Standard
- 3. Life may have begun near gentle springs on ocean floors, Nasa research says - Times of India
- 4. The $1 origami microscope could revolutionize disease diagnosis - ExtremeTech
- 5. New research paves way for smaller computer hard drives - Computer Business Review
- 6. Extroverts make for happier humans across cultures - ANINEWS
- 7. How brain creates signposts and remember them too - Business Standard
- 8. Boffins use robot sex to study evolution - Pune Mirror
- 9. Saturn's rotation period revealed? - Times of India
- 10. China stresses need for stability at first meeting of new security council - Reuters India
- 11. NASA clears spacecraft for 2018 trip to asteroid - Tech Times
- 12. Like mini fighter pilots, fruit flies can execute hairpin turns - Los Angeles Times
- 13. Tiny computer hard drives closer to reality - Economic Times
- 14. Neanderthals and early humans did not meet on the Iberian Peninsula - Business Standard
- 15. Human-like robots closer to reality - Delhi Daily News
- 16. Fruit flies use special move to avoid threats - Washington Post
- 17. Human-like robots closer to reality - Delhi Daily News
- 18. Saturn's rotation period revealed? - Zee News
- 19. Surla locals want 'park' to promote area's butterflies - Times of India
- 20. Saturn's rotation period revealed? - Times of India
- 21. Mars has a volcanic 'heart'! - Oneindia
- 22. Saturn's rotation period revealed? - Times of India
- 23. NASA to grow fresh food in space - FoodQualityNews.com
- 24. Um, You'll Never Believe What These Eco-Friendly Diapers Are Made Of. - Politix
- 25. Sperms carry stress from dads to kids: Study - Times of India