Categories: ScienceKepler-7b (left) is the first planet to have its clouds mapped. It is 1.5 times larger than Jupiter (right). NASA has used two of their space telescopes, Kepler and Spitzer, to construct the first cloud map on an exotic Jupiter-like world, beyond our solar system.
1 year ago
- NASA Space Telescopes Find Patchy Clouds on Exotic World - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Cloudy With a Chance of Aliens - TIME
The number of planets known to orbit stars beyond the Sun is approaching 1,000, but astronomers have seen only a tiny handful of those alien worlds directly. It's not that telescopes aren't powerful enough; it's that stars are too bright. Trying to pick out a planet ...
- Distant planet's clouds are mapped - BBC News
NASA's search for habitable planets maps ALIEN CLOUD-WORLD - Register
NASA has mapped the "cloud" structure of an alien world for the first time using its Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, an early step towards finding planets with human-compatible atmospheres. Partially Cloudy Skies on Kepler-7b. Kepler-7b (L), which is ...
Scientists Map Clouds on Exoplanet - Laboratory Equipment
Kepler 7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right On the exoplanet Kepler 7b, the weather is highly predictable, an international team of scientists has found: on any given day, the exoplanet, which orbits a star nearly 1,000 light-years from Earth, ...
- How astronomers mapped the patchy clouds of an alien world - NBCNews.com
- NASA map cloud cover on planet 1k light years away from Earth - Daily Mail
First Cloud Map of a Planet Beyond our Solar System - National Geographic
Kepler-7b (left), which is 1.5 times the radius of Jupiter (right), is the first exoplanet to have its clouds mapped. The cloud map was produced using data from NASA's Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MIT. After cataloging ...
Planet shrouded in green clouds? NASA cloud mappers seek new Earths - Los Angeles Times
Scientists have discovered that a huge, gassy exoplanet called Kepler-7b is covered with patchy clouds of silicates that might even rain liquid rock -- even though it's within scalding distance of its parent star. The findings, set to be published in Astrophysical ...
- NASA Space Telescopes Detect Patchy Clouds on Exoplanet 'Kepler-7b' - Science World Report
Astronomers Create First Cloud Map of Distant Planet - Sci-Tech Today
A cloud map of Kepler-76, a hot, Jupiter-sized planet, was built from observations by the Kepler and Spitzer space telescopes, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab says. The planet is marked by high clouds in the west and clear skies in the east. A bright spot in its ...
- » All 68 articles
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 1. Rare forest owlet spotted in Western Ghats heralds hope - Pune Mirror
- 2. New 'super-repellent' material could protect medical implants - Fox News
- 3. Human-induced nitrogen pollution impacts oceans - Business Standard
- 4. Get ready for more floods and cyclones - Times of India
- 5. Not all mosquitoes can transmit malaria - Economic Times
- 6. Nepal successfully radio collars one-horned rhinoceros - Business Standard
- 7. Human intelligence first evolved as our prehistoric ancestors began to work ... - Daily Mail
- 8. 'Underworld' can help understand climate change - Zee News
- 9. UN nominates Bangla woman scientist for its Technology Bank - Business Standard
- 10. Green Team Initiative - The New Indian Express
- 11. Arunachal Guv calls for addressing climate change - Assam Tribune
- 12. Risk from extreme weather set to rise - Panorama.am
- 13. Book Review: Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything - Economic Times
- 14. 'I saw humans on MARS 35 years ago': Former Nasa employee's stunning ... - Irish Mirror
- 15. Review of climate change till 2014- Scientists - Economic Times
- 16. When a cattleman caught a wild lion by tail to prove it was alive - India Today
- 17. The unbelievable underworld and its impact on us all - Science Codex
- 18. Supermassive black hole discovery made by Southampton astrophysicists - BBC News
- 19. Education pivotal in implementation of climate change adaptation measures - Zee News
- 20. Bones of whole raptor-type dinosaur are found - Korea JoongAng Daily
- 21. Manas set to receive eastern swamp deer from Kaziranga - Times of India
- 22. Half of Americans say Climate change is an Apocalypse sign - Beta Wired
- 23. Get ready for more floods and cyclones - Times of India
- 24. Higgs Boson: Experts seek online help to track explosions - Hindustan Times
- 25. NASA Wants To Put A Telescope On A Giant Airship - Huffington Post UK